Sunday 18 January 2015

The wedding series, Episode 1 | Ayesha

Hi all!

I thought it might interest some of you on the story of my marriage. I am thinking of doing a series of posts on people I have met before meeting the person I am married to now. Some of the people I met, at the time, really hurt my feelings and made me feel quite bitter about the thought of marriage. I would have quite happily lived my entire life as a spinster had I not met Mr K. When I look back on them now I can see the funny side, though, and I wanted to share them with you. All of these people are friends or contacts of people we know well, and we met like suitors. I was so against meeting people this way, but when I think about it, it doesn't really matter how you meet a person because however you meet the person you click with, everything just falls into place. 

I hope you find them entertaining to read. Everything is as it happened, and for anonymity reasons I will give them nicknames. I hope they read this and learn from their mistakes. Especially their mothers. :0 

So, I will start off episode 1 right here.

The one who was an Athletic Doctor (AD)

AD was, and still probably is, a doctor of Cambridge graduation. He made it very clear that he was from Cambridge, and that all his patients loved him. Did I mention he studied from Cambridge and his patients loved him? No, I don't think I did, so I will repeat it for you many times in the 2 hours that we are together.

What are his interests? Well he loves to work out, and play sports. His wife should be equally as active and fit. Fair enough. I didn't make the cut, obviously. His mother said I wasn't athletic enough for him. He also bakes his own bread and doesn't drink tea and coffee as the chemicals in all those 3 things are detrimental to the body and boy did he make it clear when I said I loved to drink tea. 

Fast forward a few months and we receive a phone call from AD's mother saying she had heard about me and would like to meet me. My mother recognised her voice and carried on talking, but AD's mum was completely oblivious. Her requirements for her son? Or rather, her son's requirements: the girl should be athletic. When she recognised my mother's voice, she promptly said her goodbyes and hung up the phone.

Stay tuned for the next episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...