Friday 31 October 2014

Brow this way | Ayesha

A few weeks ago I blogged about a new brow gel by Rimmel called 'Brow this way.' I've had a good few weeks to try it out so I am now going to write a quick review about it to help inform you if you have been thinking of buying something like this!





First of all, it is a great dupe for Benefit's Speed Brow gel. They look very similar in that they both look like a short mascara tube, with different shades depending on your own eyebrow shade (I went for dark brown, their deepest shade, as I have black eyebrows naturally) but Benefit's speed brow is £13.99 - pricey considering you will use it every day! I used Speed Brow a long time ago but the deepest shade was not dark enough for my eyebrows, so I just finished off the tube and stuck to eyebrow pencils and clear mascara to fix them up after that. Here are my pros and cons list of Rimmel's version:

Pros:

1. Cheap at £3.99 from Boots or Superdrug.

2. Decent dark shade for the dark haired.

3. The formula is good quality as it lasted on my eyebrows all day.

Cons:

The only con I can think of is that the brush is a bit too big, so some of the formula gets on to the skin underneath my eyebrow. It can be cleaned away quite easily and quickly, however.

So, only one con, but for me personally the con might be a big one until my eyebrows grow out. I had them threaded 2 days ago and the lady did them TOO THIN! I loved having fuller eyebrows with an arch and I only wanted them tidied up as I am useless at plucking but she has rounded them off AND did I mention they are too thin for my liking?! Sigh. This, coupled with having to commute on the tubes from my new flat next week (I was lucky enough to live close enough to walk to work, which meant I had more time in the morning to look presentable) means that as much as I want a very quick brow product to aid my getting ready in the morning, I am not sure this product will deliver because of the big brush - perhaps I will extend this review next week? #firstworldproblems 

Despite all of this, I will continue to use this until it runs out as it is a very handy thing to have if you have good eyebrows and just want to neaten them up and give them the illusion that they are fuller very quickly. 

Now its time to have some lunch and then continue packing and cleaning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...